- Completed the development of the Construction Specification Conformance Checklist (CSCC) for the TPSS decommissioning project.
- Phase 1 of the 30 Crossing project certification was completed, and a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) was issued.
- A system-wide Threat and Vulnerability Analysis (TVA) was completed for Bus, Rail, and the facilities (included Drone operations).
K&J Safety and Security Consulting Services, Inc. provides technical and subject matter assistance to the Rock Region Metro in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Provide Hazardous analysis of removal of OCS of wire/cable from the system along with River Market and continuing to 3rd street as shown in yellow on the attached sketch.
- Provide Hazardous analysis of OCS disconnect from TPSS feeding South Loop as shown in yellow on the attached sketch.
- Provide design review of contractors’ (KMC/Mass Electric) disconnect plan and hazards identified.
- Provide report as necessary and coordinate with Kensington Consultants to allow KMC to remove planned OCS components and disconnect one TPSS.
- Draft PHA was submitted on 20 November 2020
- Perform safety and security steps to allow for OCS pole relocation and connection to North Loop of the streetcar from the corner of River Market to 2nd street as shown in red on the attached sketch.
- Participate in concept meeting and virtual ‘over the shoulder review’ of KMC/MASS design for K&J final design review.
The overall intent and schedule is to:
- Provide necessary safety and security performance and coinciding review of KMC/MASS planning to FTA satisfaction, allowing KMC/MASS to begin removing OCS components and disconnection of TPSS in phase 1a on the date of Nov. 16, 2020.
- Provide necessary safety and security performance and review to satisfaction, including participation in three MASS design meetings (concept, 65%, and 95-100%) estimated between now and January 15, 2021. Complete safety and security performance to allow final pole and OCS re-connections and energization for phase 1b. The final re-connections are estimated to be performed mid-April, no later than the first of May 2021, without disrupting streetcar service on the Northern Loop.
- Provide a Safety Acceptance Report after reviewing the design and construction of the 6th Street / Streetcar Barn improvements.
- Safety Acceptance Report submitted on 13 November 2020